Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, June 8, 2013

A long time coming

My apologies for the delay in posting!

The day after I started this blog I woke up with what I thought was my first food poisoning.  I mentioned in the last post that the recipe thing was half of the reason for starting this blog.  As you all know by now (probably), the other half of our reason is our Baby Boy Taylor, who will be making his debut in the world sometime around December 1.  Well, Baby Boy Taylor decided in my 13th week to require a huge amount of HCG, the pregnancy hormone, which in turn hit me with a case of Hyperemesis Gravidarum.

Naturally, I didn't have much interest in food for a while.  I've managed to settle, with the help of Zofran and ginger ale, and I even eat meat and eggs again!  Hooray!  So I'm back to thinking about what recipes I want to include in the family cookbook.

The process of deciding is a lot tougher than I thought.  I have to decide what I want to include, know what I can make, and plan for the things I'm not even close to ready to try, IE homemade candy.  This scares me to death.  I also have to figure out how to use a bread machine.  Yipes.  I'm very grateful technology has offered me something much more awesome than that ancient hand-crank ice cream maker that required boxes of salt and what felt like hours of waiting.

Lastly, there are many recipes my family loves, my mother LOVED, and the world tells me are awesome that I just do not like.  Pregnancy might change my mind, or make the process hellacious.  We'll see how that goes together.


0 comments:

Post a Comment